Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lillie's baptism






Lillie (my step-granddaughter) was baptized today...and I baptized her! What an amazing privilege. I had been looking forward to baptizing someone ever since we sat up in James Steven's office at Trinity college and had a hearty conversation about the pros and cons of infant baptism (obviously my baptist brothers and sisters have a different perspective on the practice and the theological college seminar debate was 'full and hearty' as a result!). At that point I had no idea my first baptism would be of a member of my family. So, there you go...

So, we have been feeding hoards of people since mid-day and now they are moving on to more food and the wine has come out...I have 2 more services to take so I am sitting in my office. As my office is the quietest place in the house Lillie is in here with me asleep in her pram - so the new Christian and I are spending some down time chilling in the curate's office.

Anyway, I have 2 services to put the finishing touches to so I'd best get off...

1 comment:

liz h said...

Happy Day! Such a privilege. Your post made me smile a lot.