Thursday, June 05, 2008

Bridget and Liz H

Liz H has had a little boy - Tobias. He was born in the early hours of the morning. I am so made up because that means I get to see him before we leave. I am so excited for Phil and Liz that they have a little boy, they are coming out of the hospital later tonight and tomorrow Bridget and I will go and visit the brood.

I have had a great day - after my feeling strange day yesterday I am relieved that I managed to turn some of the negativity around (see as the classic Sunday school songs says - "a little talk with Jesus makes it right all right") I problem shared with God is not much of a problem after all. Not to say that the anxiety has magically disappeared but just when I needed to feel like I had a friend I got a great morning shopping, chatting and eating cake with Bridget. I know we left it a bit late to get to be good friends but I love Bridget and she is great.

I am going to miss both Liz and Bridget a great deal when I move. The risk of being good friends with anyone is that you will miss them when they aren't about any more. Love is a crazy thing isn't it: Love only works if you take the risk and that is what makes it hurt when it goes. Not that Liz, Bridget and I will not love each other anymore just that not being in the everyday of each other's lives will mean that we have to renegotiate our relationships. So, that hurts a bit. But I have to say it has been worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll miss you too, but you know that.

I'm really glad you got to meet Toby before you moved.

Looking forward to your new blog when it starts up.