Wednesday, June 04, 2008

a bit strange

It has all gone a bit strange! I now feel like I am out of my depth or a bit lost at sea (or other wet, worried about drowning, unsettled feeling metaphors). I have finished at Trinity (bar the meetings, ceremonies and parties) but am not ready for the next thing. I am moving on Monday and yet not even slightly ready for it. I have nothing packed, everything is a mess, I haven't sorted the cleaning of this house and I don't know if I need to clean the new one (?). We haven't got a cooker for the new house, the carpets (i.e. who's going to pay for them) haven't been sorted, I haven't changed the insurance or the electricity. Suddenly I we are moving and there is so much to do and I have no time to sort it.

Anyway, I had a great day with my new boss, the incumbent (vicar) at the churches I am going to in Liverpool. He came down for a day at Trinity to meet everyone here and hear a bit about what I have been up to. It was a bit strange but it was also a good way to break us into being colleagues. I think my head is going to explode with all this new stuff. It just seems like I am having to react to too many things.

Anyway, the danger is that I panic now and become reactive to all this in a negative way instead of making sure that this is a positive experience. It is only a move after all...

1 comment:

Philly J said...

Remember Ellen - change is good and God is guiding you through the challenge. You made it down to Bristol - to the complete unknown, and you are returning to your family in Liverpool - so we will all be able to help it feel a little less overwhelming this time around. Besides, I'll be packing the 'gay spray' to help you settle in, don't forget... xxxx