Thursday, December 13, 2007

when spooks and essays collide

I have been having the maddest dreams and I can only assume it is as a result of the stuff I am putting in my head at the moment. I am writing an essay on the centrality of the cross in Pauline theology referring specifically to Galatians and 1 Corinthians (5,000 words). On Tuesday I watched Spooks, which is getting more improbable by the week and is not very well written and just must come to a crashing end soon. Anyway, when these two things collided in my dreams they created a mad dream drama about how I might be able to stop the crucifixion of Christ. If only I knew how to make it stop I could save Christ and the world and ensure things were put back in order. Then I could walk away unnoticed - returning to an ordinary life. Of course that is not how the story ends so after what seemed like hours of chasing about the Middle East I eventually failed, Jesus was crucified and the rest, as they say, is history. Not only did I have to suffer the pain of failure I also had to go through in dream-scape the whole agonizing experience of watching Jesus die (in real time) and the full flow of emotion that this threw up. I woke up scared, confused and very sad.

Last night wasn't much better but this time I had to explain to the Jewish nation what 'covenantal nomism' is. I am not sure it really my performance impressed them.

I tell you I will be very pleased when I get this essay out of my head. I got this weeks copy of Heat magazine to read just before I go to bed - so tonight's dreams could be very interesting!

No comments: