Friday, December 07, 2007

long week

It has been a long week and I have finally run out of steam. However, I slept in this morning and didn't get to college which meant that I feel a bit better (guilty but better). I have been tidying the house and have moved on to planning my work for reading week. I have a sermon to prepare for Sunday - if you want to come and hear me preach I will be at St Peter's Church, Lawrence Western at 10am! I also have a 5,000 word essay for Galatians and 1 Corinthians to write which I am not feeling great about. I have done some reading and some vague planning but it is not coming together at all. This is an MA module and the essay will be marked at this standard - somehow my MA in Popular Music Studies and my PhD research into music hall has not prepared me well for the rigors of theology at this level. I have the academic skills but the minutiae of the discipline of Theology is very tricky for a dyslexic brain. I am good with ideas and concepts but not great with detail. Hey ho. I am sure I will find a way through it but at the moment it feels just a little bit intimidating.

I am loving my new macbook. How good it feels to be typing fast and uploading stuff. The only thing is that I can't find a way to change the colour screen for word for mac. I like blue background and black type but it can only seem to do normal or blue with white type. If anyone knows how to sort this please let me know.

Mark and Eva are off to Belfast tis weekend and Elise has gone to Liverpool so I am home alone. Shame I won't have Mark to listen to my sermon. Never mind I have a lifetime of sermons to preach so I am sure he will have a chance sometime. I am going to press on with my essay reading and try to have a rest. Reading week next week will give me a chance to catch up on work and I might even get to do the Christmas cards. I have better go now and do some more work on my sermon.

No comments: