Saturday, December 08, 2007

home alone

I took Mark and Eva to the airport at 7am this morning. It was very early to be out and about on a Saturday but I made the most of it. I was in Sainsbury's getting Christmas bits and bobs by 7.30, in town by 9am getting red paper for printing stars for my sermon tomorrow and trying to buy a copy of Dunn's 1 Corinthians which neither SPCK or Wesley Owen had in stock. I ended up in the Trinity Library at 9.30am stressed out because the books I needed were not there but they hadn't been signed out so I have no idea who to ask if I can borrow them when they're done. So, I don't know what I will do about the reading. I guess I will have to make do with 1 commentary and a few general texts.

Anyway, I finished off my sermon and cut out star shapes for each member of the congregation to take away fr Advent with a vrse from Romans:
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15.13

which took me longer than had expected. So, after eating lunch, having a little sleep (well I was up very early) and reading for a bit it was time to watch strictly and Robin Hood. I went to Liz and Phil's which was great because the actually like these programmes - unlike Mark who huffs and puffs his way through Saturday night TV.

I am just doing a bit of blogging then off to bed for an early night because I have to be up early to preach tomorrow. It is odd not having Mark and Eva here. It's very quiet, tidy and empty.

No comments: