Friday, November 17, 2006

Something for the weekend















I got a parcel from Amazon on Monday containing the Pop Justice and Waterson, Carthy
Holy Heathens and the old Green Man albums. They have kept me amused this week. Pop Justice for its blazing poptastic tunes (their obsession with Girls Aloud is slightly off-putting, but the Killers Mr. Brightside Edit-Jacques Lu Cont's Thin White Duke Mix - is so fab it makes up for it!); Holy Heathens and the old Green Man for welcoming in the festive season with good cheer - I am missing Mumming this year so it is good to at least hear St. George sung!

I am off to Lee Abbey for the weekend with foundation. I am Borrowing Mark's ipod (I haven't got my own - but I have a birthday coming up next Wed, so...) and hoping to chill out and listen to these and other quality tunes. I am also taking Tommy Cooper: Always Leave Them Laughing: The Definitive Biography of a Comedy Legend by John Fisher to read.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Hope your weekend has gone well.

That Waterson Carthy album looks fab - any chance of borrowing it sometime please?

See you Monday or Tuesday.

St. Claire of Toxteth said...

Can you copy me pop justice please.
xxxxxxxx

Ellen Loudon said...

Liz I will bring it in next week - perhaps I will be in on Monday...perhaps tues! I will surprise you...
St Claire - I can not condone the copying of licensed music. It is a breach of copyright. However, you can 'borrow' it whenever you like!

Anonymous said...

I will 'borrow' it next time i come down
x