Thursday, January 25, 2007

missing college - strangely thawed

I am at home today with a little cold. I am feeling like I am missing out on college. I tried to do common worship morning prayer on my own but it was a bit sad and lonely. It is cold and I have a fuzzy head. Anyway, today's psalm was psalm 147 which contains this:

16He sends forth his command to the earth •
and his word runs very swiftly.

17He gives snow like wool •
and scatters the hoarfrost like ashes.

18He casts down his hailstones like morsels of bread; •
who can endure his frost? R

19He sends forth his word and melts them; •
he blows with his wind and the waters flow.


Which speaks to me in many ways - obviously about the inclement weather - but also about when things feel bound up, frozen and static God sends his word to melt these things away. Which is exactly what this passage has done. Although I feel crap and out of touch in my bed at home I also feel strangely connected to people because I know they read these words today.

I am doing some reading about Revelation. Which is interesting. I am also reading Heat magazine. Just to keep it in the mix! I hope I don't get the two mixed up...

4 comments:

John H said...

Oh I dunno, I think mixing the two up could be very exciting!

bigdaddystevieB said...

hope you're feeling better soon...and for the psalm extract. Yes, I agree with your "strangely connected" comment.

St. Claire of Toxteth said...

Am so sorry you poorly. love you loads x

Simon said...

Nothing like reading a bit of Revelation when you're feeling crap!!

Hope you're feeling better now.