Saturday, August 01, 2009

PhD - update

I am now on the home stretch...well, almost. I have to submit on the 6th October so, having completed a second draft and had it commented on by both internal examiners, I am now working on the final draft with my supervisor - chapter by chapter. We are having weekly meetings and I am workign to quite strict deadlines. It seems my content is 'very well researched' and I don't need to add anything to my argument. The outstanding issues are structural. Also, it seems I need to 'be a bit more boring'! So, I am working on that...stating arguments, flagging up methodologies, being more obvious about my questions and using some less racey terminology.

The current title is:
Performing The Popular: The Context, Composition and Creation of Liverpool Music Hall.

So, that's the update. I am struggling to keep my dyslexic symptoms under control (my brain is under strict instructions to 'just keep going for 2 more months). But, this is of particular concern so please do continue to pray, send chocolate, pass on special good writing vibes, etc.

1 comment:

Amy Swart said...

So, what happened to your PhD? It looks like you were getting thing good in your hand. And your title really has a lot of thesis ideas in it. I’m just wondering how you would present all of it. Maybe a link to your paper would be good to your reader.