Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I am all revd up!


So, it is all done. I am a reverend, living in vicarage. I got ordained on Sunday having spent 3 glorious days on ordination retreat (ordination retreat was blooming marvelous, met some fantastic people and really had a great start to my new life). Getting ordained was pretty good as well.

This picture is of the people who were on the ordination retreat - 19 people got ordained this week (15 in the cathedral on Sunday and the other 4 in their churches over the week). The picture was taken at Crosby beach - you might be able to make out one of the Crosby iron men wearing a cassock in the background (we know how to have a laugh in the church of England you know...dressing up the public art in clergy garb!). The retreat took place very near by Crosby beach (not that I left the house much) and this picture was taken for the Church Times. I wonder if they'll use it?

The service itself was extremely moving and I found it affirming and empowering, and a bit awe inspiring. I am not sure that living up to that fanfare of a start will be very easy. Hey ho. I also found it very tiring and my bones have been aching ever since (probably the kneeling and special slow holy walking that was done!). Unfortunately I have to go to the mid-week healing service now so can't really tell you much more about the ordination or what's happened since. Well, not just now anyway!

I also have to tell you about my new blog. From now on I will be blogging on here - it is called diakonia and will track my year as a Church of England Deacon. I haven't put anything on there yet but I will announce the first posting as soon as it is up. see ya.

B-T-W the man with the yellow spade (bottom right) is David Parry the Diocesan Director of Ordinands! It's a hard job but someone's got to do it...

4 comments:

just Gai said...

Congratulations Rev Loudon!

bigdaddystevieB said...

congratulations!!!
Loudon for Canterbury (perhaps not, you have better things to do!)?
hugs
x

blue hands said...

hurrah!

Unknown said...

Congrats Reverend, that's wonderful!